GIVE YOUR STAFF A LITTLE THANK YOU… AND IT’S TAX-FREE.
Waud Wines Employee Gifts
We’ve all had a tough time coping with COVID and as we emerge from lockdown after lockdown, this is a great time to give your team a boost. Our ‘Wine Gift’ programme can help increase and sustain employee loyalty, boost morale, engagement, and productivity- all tax-free.
This is the ideal time to show your staff that you really appreciate the efforts they have made over the last year.
HMRC has a scheme that lets you give staff members small incentives that can be given tax-free, this scheme is known as Employee Trivial Benefits. The Waud Wines ‘Wine Gift’ programme is fully compliant with the HMRC scheme.
How it works
- Either you buy a personalised £50 gift card for your team member and they spend it on wine in our online shop
- Or, you choose one of our three-bottle wine boxes and we send it to your team member
- Whether you send a gift card or wine, the value is set at £50 which means the employee pays no tax, you pay no tax or NI and the payment is tax deductable
Details of HMRC tax on trivial benefits
You don’t have to pay tax on a benefit for your employee if all the following apply;
- It cost you £50 or less to provide
- It isn’t cash or a cash voucher
- It isn’t a reward for their work or performance
- It isn’t in the terms of their contract
This is known as a ‘trivial benefit’. You don’t need to pay tax or National Insurance or let HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) know.
The sum of payments made by you is also tax-deductible.
You can buy as many vouchers from us as you like. The frequency of giving the benefit is not defined by but there is a £300 limit each financial year.
What better way to thank your unsung heroes from the back office?
Please let me know if you would like to explore this initiative and recognise your staff?